Rooting the Huawei Ideos U8185
The Huawei Ideos U8185 can easily be rooted due to the open and easily accessible bootloader. To root the device follow the simple steps below.
- Download ZIP from any of the links below
- Unzip the files
- Plug in the phone and install the drivers form the CD ROM (Mobile Partner) found in the drivers/adb_drivers directory.
- Wait for all the drivers to install then continue with the process.
THIS PROCESS REPLACES THE ORIGINAL RECOVERY. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Replace the original RECOVERY with the one I've provided.
- Open CMW 5 folder and copy Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the SD Card.
- Switch off the phone.
- Boot into bootloader using volume down + power button for 5 sec.
- Once in the bootloader, plug in the phone to the computer and let the drivers install.
- In the CMW 5 folder, run install-recovery-windows.exe
- Once done, remove the battery to power off the phone.
- Boot into recovery using volume up + power button for 5 sec (The huawei logo will be shown all through the boot loader)
- Navigate to "install zip from sd" and select it
- Select "choose zip from SD card" and select the provided Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip that you copied to the SD Card
- After install, the phone is rooted.
- Reboot the phone and enjoy root
use any of the following links
1. U8185 Clockwork Mod and Superuser
2. U8185 Clockwork Mod and Superuser
3. U8185 Clockwork Mod and Superuser